Wildfire Season is upon us. August is typically the peak month of wildfire season in the western United States, including Alaska. From June through August, wildfire season generally moves north and west, and becomes more prevalent by late July or early August. The 2015 wildfire season is setting records for fires following four years of severe drought in the western states.
Fortunately, there are several steps homeowners can take to defend against wildfire disaster:
- Remove pine needles and dry leaves from within five feet of the home.
- Sweep porches and decks to clear pine needles and leaves.
- Keep wood piles 30 feet from the home.
- Develop and practice a home evacuation plan, and create a family communication plan. This will help everyone in the family know what to do if there is a fire.
In the event of a loss due to fire, ServiceMaster Restore® is ready to respond immediately. Our mitigation services include loss site inspection and evaluation, emergency pre-cleaning, water procedures if present, and report findings to the adjuster to determine the next steps to be completed. This rapid response plan can help to lower claim cost and get homeowners back to their normal life as quickly as possible.
if you experience property damage due to fire, including water damage resulting from firefighting efforts, please please call us at 1-650-737-7663, or fill out our contact form. One of our experienced restoration specialists will listen to your concerns and explain the options available to you.
We are members of the following organizations:
- Peninsula Builders Exchange
- Golden State Builders Exchange
- U.S. Green Building Council Northern California
- Build It Green
- American National Standard Institute